- The local stonefruit season is in full swing, with excellent prices across peaches, nectarines and plums.
- Mango supply is now coming from Carnarvon, the variety is Kensington Pride. Prices have dropped significantly.
- Red and green seedless grapes are readily available, the Swan Valley season has started and prices are excellent.
- Strawberries are now coming from the South West region and South Australia, the local Perth season has finished. Quality remains average as they are affected by heat, and prices are higher than usual.
- Banana prices are high due to a hot spell in QLD which has affected the flowering of plants. Expect this to continue for a few weeks.
- New season pears have just started, expect prices to drop as supply increases.
- Apples are still in short supply until the new picking season starts late February. Expect prices to continue to rise as demand is high.
- Mushrooms are slightly more expensive as supply is a little light.
- Celery, kale, cauliflower and capsicum are in higher demand as local produce is going over East to help with current shortages. Prices will be higher than normal until the East supply returns to normal.
- Lemons are coming from USA and Egypt until the local growing season starts again, prices will be higher while we are relying on imports. Juicing produce is extremely short supply. There will be no change until Queensland picking season starts.
- The local season of asparagus has ended. Produce is now being imported, quality is excellent, and prices are higher due to freight costs.
- Lemons are in short supply and the quality is average.
- Apples are in very short supply, with very limited supply on juicing apples. There will be no change to this situation until new season apples start to come through in March. Expect prices to continue to rise until then.
- Sugar Snap peas are in short supply.
Providing Solutions to your Daily Challenges
Are you looking for ways to reduce your fresh produce cost?
Contact Chelsea on 0414496031 if you have any questions regarding ordering, pricing, or produce requirements.